Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Monday, June 15, 2009

Vacation: Day 1


As I write, Jacob is on his way to Bemidji to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Jacobson for a week! Did you hear me? 7 days! I have a few days at home (as a stay at home mom without the one that I stay home for), and then Scott and I fly out on Thursday to NYC for a long weekend.

After they left this morning (and I stopped crying), I sat with my cup of coffee wondering what in the world I was going to do with myself. About halfway through my cup of coffee, it occurred to me that I didn't have to get Jacob up from his nap in an hour, scarf down a sandwich while getting his lunch ready, go to the gym (after lunch but before nap and preferably after a poopy diaper so they don't have to come get me in the middle of my workout), rush through a shower...okay, so you get my drift. Bottom line, after 18 mos...as selfish as it sounds...it is all about me!

Alright alright. I am being slightly dramatic...Scott and I did get away last October for a weekend, and I have had plenty of breaks (which, by the way, a very special thank you to the Grandmas and Grandpas, Sarah and Tom, and Sarah and Mike for your wonderful care that you give Jacob), but for those of you that have children and even those of you that don't...you know that your needs and wants always come second to your children. With Jacob enjoying his vacation on Lake Julia, the things I plan to accomplish this week do not include picking up toys, filling sippee cups, or reading Goodnight Moon.

I love Jacob more than anything and I wouldn't wish for any other job in the world than to stay at home with him, but for this week, I am going to enjoy the time Scott and I have together and as for right now, I am going to go sit out on my patio and enjoy another cup of coffee.

*Thank you to Nicole Peckumn for capturing this adorable picture of Jacob this past weekend at Jami and Jim's wedding reception!*

2 comments:

Aunt Sarah B said...

Um, when did he turn ten? That picture makes him look so old! He's so handsome. Enjoy your "YOU" time!

Laurie said...

Enjoy your vacation!! RELAX!

Blog Archive