Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Picnic at the park








Jacob and I had lunch in the park followed by some serious play time on the equipment. I am not sure who designed this one but they get an award in my book. The ramps allow the little ones to go back and forth safely with out having to have mom and dad become a contortionist to make sure the kids don't fall or trip on stairs. There are stairs on this one, which he really enjoys practicing but there is plenty of space to stay close to him.
Our challenge at this point is Jacob throwing tantrums. I had heard this started when they are two. Someone should inform Jacob. When he doesn't want to leave (i.e. today at the park, last night at the Aquatic Center) or doesn't get to play with something (i.e. our camera, the telephone, knives), or I take a toy away from him if he throws it when I tell him not to (the tractor he kept tossing across the room while waiting to get our oil changed yesterday) he will immediately start crying and if he really feels like being dramatic he will flop onto the floor. I am not a patient person so the last couple of days have been extremely challenging for me.
However, I am stubborn as well and I refuse to give into his tantrums. They get ignored and I very calmly (ahem...most of the time) remove him from the situation if need be and we carry on with plans. I will continue to do this until he figures out he will not ever get his way by throwing a fit. Ever. At least that is what I hope to do...I think they better start serving up some patience and perseverance at happy hour!


2 comments:

Aunt Sarah B said...

what, jacob throw a tantrum?! i do not believe this. he is perfect.

lets see what he tries to do with uncle tom and aunt sarah this weekend..... :)

Zarlings said...

Yes, totally normal. And whoever says that it only starts when they turn two is a quack! They need to come and visit my 14 month old!! May the force be with you:)

Blog Archive