Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stupid parent trick #32






Jacob and I were out running errands and decided to stop for some ice cream. I had a brilliant idea that I would let him have his own kiddee cone and I got one for myself as well. I had forgotten his bib but wasn't too worried about his clothes since we were on our way home and I could change him since he was bound to get ice cream on them. I didn't really know what to expect but I was prepared for a mess. (I am trying really hard to be okay with messes...Lord knows we don't need Jacob growing up to be as Type A as I am ;)

He actually did quite well with it and seemed to thoroughly be enjoying his cone. It was close to 90 degrees so it was melting fast, but he was keeping up. I was thinking to myself..."How cute! I need to get a picture of this." The pictures you see are prior to the meltdown (no pun intended).

I am not sure what happened...he might have got an ice cream headache, took too big of a bite and it was too cold on his teeth, or he got some of the cone and swallowed it without chewing - whatever it was enjoying ice cream turned into complete chaos. He was in the stroller screaming with drool and ice cream coming out of his mouth, reaching for me while I have two melting cones in my hand, desperately trying to find a way to get the camera down without having ice cream melt all over it.

I finally got him to calm down, threw the rest of the cone away, and strolled our sticky selves back to the car. We will be sharing our cones from now on.

No comments:

Blog Archive