Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Sunday, June 8, 2008

One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Big Fish


I must admit that this story might be hard to believe. I can hardly believe it myself.
About midnight last night I woke up with a mad hankering for some milk and momma took care of that. I usually go back to sleep after that feeding, but I just wasn't that sleepy. Grandpa had been talking about midnight being the best time to catch big fish off the dock, so I decided to give it a try. Ernie was up too, so I grabbed a pole and Ernie carried the net and we headed down to the lake to try to catch "Walter".
It was a perfect night. The air was cool and crisp and the lake was as smooth as glass. I tied on one of Grandpa's lucky lures and tossed it out as far as I could. Not too fast, and not too slow, I reeled in the line and then WHAM! A fish bit my lure! I knew it was a big one right away, and I had to fight hard to keep it from pulling me into the lake. I fought it for at least an hour and Ernie stayed right by my side the entire time. Finally, I pulled it up to the dock and Ernie scooped it out of the lake. Can you believe how big it is?!?
Actually, this is a bit of a fish tale. I don't really know how to fish yet. Grandpa did all of the work, but we thought it would be fun to show you just how big she really was. The big one was 6 pounds, 25 1/2 inches long. Grandpa says her name is Bertha. She's Walter's sister I guess. We snapped a few pics and then we let her go back home to the lake. Hopefully I'll be able to catch a fish this big some day.

No comments:

Blog Archive