Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Sunday, May 29, 2011

36 weeks


We're ready!  (Well, almost ready...let's have Dad and Jake come home from their trip up north first.)  I washed up the little guy's take home outfit (one long sleeve, one short...who knows if it will be 50 or 80 degrees), bought a box of diapers and wipes (I forgot how small those newborn diapers are!), cleaned the house, have narrowed his name down to two (we'll meet him first and then decide), organized drawers and cabinets, planned meals for the week, went to a movie with Sarah, am halfway through a book, and have been getting really good sleep.  Whew.  It is going to be a long time before I can say I can do all those things in a weekend.  :)

I have been feeling good (so thankful for the medication that helps) and the little guy has been proving to be a rock star at his twice weekly appointments.  He is definitely very low and I have been having quite a few contractions now and again so I am hopeful that he won't need much coaxing to come out and meet us next week.  I've got a lot of people praying for an efficient, manageable, and safe delivery so if you are so inclined to join the group it is much appreciated!

Right now we are scheduled to check in Monday morning (June 6) around 7:30 am and the good news is we are delivering here in Hastings!  My regular doctor, although back from maternity leave, happens to be off that week.  She has assigned me to another doc who I like to refer to as "the absent-minded professor".  I've only met her once (Scott has yet to meet her) but she has been doing this a long time and I have complete confidence in her.    

All reports from Bemidji are great - Jake is having a blast with Grandma and Cindy and we'll get the fishing report upon Scott's return from Canada.  Thanks for checking in!

3 comments:

stacey said...

You look great, Nikki! I'll be praying!

The McNamara Family said...

You look great!! So exciting!

Laurie said...

Praying for you all! You are the most beautiful pregnant lady ever!

Blog Archive