Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Here's Baby!


When I go in for these appointments I can't help but think of the Friends episode where Rachel is looking at her ultrasound and can't see the baby.  Some of the views like the profile are obvious, but I have to laugh when I am looking at what I see as a blob and the tech knows exactly what she is looking at.   Although the ultrasound tech doesn't go over specifics, she assured me the heart is healthy and arms/legs/fingers/toes are all in tact.  Unfortunately for her, the little one wouldn't stop moving.  We were the 8th ultrasound of what I gathered to be a very long day and by her deep breaths she had to dig deep to find the patience to wait for our little one to cooperate to get the measurements needed.  She finally got them though and we got our first out-of-focus glimpse of the handsome little man / beautiful little girl.

If I had to place a bet on the sex based on early pregnancy I would guess a girl given it was quite different from Jacob, but after seeing this profile and comparing it to Jacob's ultrasound picture I'd put money on a boy.  It remains a mystery though and if you planning on making a blanket (ahem, Mom) go with yellow. 

3 comments:

AuntSarahB said...

I think that pic is PERFECT!! So cute and squish!! (love the nose)

Jenny McNamara said...

Hmmm.. I'm going to guess a girl!! We have lots of clothes for you if it is a girl! : )

stacey said...

Yay! Love these first photos. So exciting!

Blog Archive