Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Friday, July 22, 2011

Famine in Eastern Africa

Although lately I have been all consumed with my two boys, yesterday I caught a segment on Dateline that another famine has been declared in Africa.  The images stopped me in my tracks and instead of thinking about how tired I am from nursing Nathan every 2 hours or less, I became immediately thankful.  Thankful that I can meet his needs.  Thankful that he is thriving.  Thankful that although I have mastitis, that I have antibiotics.  Thankful that although tired, I have a comfortable bed.  Thankful that Jacob is strong and healthy.  Thankful that we have a home, running water, and more food than we need.  Although famine is not uncommon in these parts, it really caught my attention this time.  My heart breaks for these people. 

Blog Archive