Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

More conversations with Jacob


This morning after breakfast of oatmeal and grapefruit (I am so impressed that my 3 year old likes oatmeal and grapefruit that I felt the need to give you that detail) I told Jacob he could watch his new construction video that he picked out from the library (also a minor detail advocating for the local library) while I went up to take a shower.  Our conversation went like this...

Jacob:  Why are you going to take a shower?
Mom:  So I can get clean.
Jacob:  Because you like to take showers?
Mom:  Yes.  I like to take baths too but I am too big for our bathtub.  Someday Mommy is going to get a big bathtub.  (There is nothing wrong with sharing my dreams with my 3 year old, right?)
Jacob:  Ohhhh.  So it will be big and Daddy can sit next to you and scrub you up?
Mom:  Yes. (?)
Jacob:  And you can play TOYS!

And yesterday after his ECFE class we went out for lunch at a local cafe.  He was eating his peanut butter sandwich (he thinks it is really great when a peanut butter sandwich isn't on the menu but they are able to make one for him if we ask nice).  Part of our (always entertaining) conversation went like this...

Mom:  Jacob, it is sure fun to have lunch with you.  You are a really good boy.  Thanks for eating nice.
Jacob:  Thank you!  And you are a really good girl too.

Oh boy.  This kid makes me laugh.  Speaking of boys...I am happy to report that the littlest boy is growing well.  I had a check up last night and everything is looking good.  I am measuring 23 1/2 weeks but was actually surprised because from the way I feel I honestly thought she was going to tell me something like "this is going to be a big baby!"  Hehe.  He is very active - especially while I am trying to sleep at night.  Let's hope that this isn't any indication of his habits once he is born.

We're off to a lunch date with Dad today.  And no doubt some more entertaining conversation.

No comments:

Blog Archive