Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jake and his dad


I came home from working a couple of appointments yesterday afternoon and Jacob was still napping.  He loves his afternoon naps but we're finding he is staying up later and later at night so we are trying to shorten his naps.  He is a bear to wake (just like him mom) so Dad scooped him up and we opened the shades and slowly tried to wake him.  Notice he put his blanket over his head.

I find these two in the rocking chair quite a bit.  It is somewhat ironic because when Jacob was a baby he wasn't one we could rock back to sleep.  We spent more hours on our feet bouncing around the room.  Oh, how I hope Baby #2 is comfy in a horizontal position.  Now if he wakes in the middle of the night he comes into our room and says "I want to rock a little bit".  Scott (super dad and husband for so many reasons) is many times the one to get up with him and rock him back to sleep.  It is especially helpful now that I have to wedge Jacob off to the side of me.  I am somewhat certain he prefers Dad's lap over mine.  

Scott gets up despite the fact that his alarm is going to go off at 5:30 am and he commutes to and from work and he is busy providing for us and being an entrepreneur so I can be home with Jacob.  I am blessed.  And I think we are blessed to have a comfy chair because sometimes I have to go in and wake Scott up after he has fallen back asleep.

No comments:

Blog Archive