Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tree!


We got our tree up last weekend. Our Christmas tree expert, Jacob, supervised while Dad placed the ornaments. Although they didn't coordinate their outfits, I thought the red and green was a nice touch.

We're excited for our trip to Omaha next weekend to celebrate with the Sinclair family. Upon our return, Mark, Sue, and Becky will be arriving to celebrate here in Hastings.

This Christmas is a bit more exciting...seeing it through your child's eyes. It is amazing how Jacob's eyes light up when he looks at the tree.

Speaking of Jake, he's been a busy boy lately. He has progressed to his hands and knees and can actually move about with his head up. It still isn't quite the traditional crawl, but closer. He's punched through his third tooth on the bottom and I am guessing working on the fourth. He also thinks it is a lot of fun to stand on his own and is getting good at moving from place to place while hanging on to something.
It is also amazing how much he understands. I was feeding him his fruit and cereal yesterday and I heard an airplane fly overhead. I said "airplane" and he looked out the window into the sky. When we say certain words such as music, dancing, tree, Melly, Luna, hug...he knows what we are talking about. Pretty cool!

Jacob's calling. I am pretty sure he is trying to set the record for the shortest nap. Thanks for checking in and we'll update again soon!



2 comments:

stacey said...

Jacob is super cute. I can't believe you can still carry him in the bjorn! I have a carrier that I just LOVE for Eli (he is huge and grew out of the bjorn months ago). It's called an Angelpack LX and you can carry them in the front or the back, and it's good until they are 40 pounds. Would highly recommend it if you are into the babywearing thing. Let me know if you want more info.

Scott, Nikki, Jacob and Nathan Sinclair said...

Thanks, Stacey! I would definitely like the info on the Angelpack...he is too heavy for me to carry him in the Bjorn - and he is just about grown out of it, if not already. We don't use it much anymore...it just came in handy for tree decorating.

Blog Archive