Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

welcome to my world


i'm jacob. jacob scott sinclair. jake for short. i joined this world on january 1st. as you can see, i was a bit skeptical of the journey ahead. i was perfectly content...eating, sleeping, and pooping to my heart's content - without any interference. except that one time when mom ate a cheeseburger and fries for lunch AND dinner. needless to say, she never did that again. so anyway, the big day arrived and i was ready to make my debut. it was getting a little cramped and mom and dad kept telling me how excited they were to meet me. i figured hey, why not start my life on the first day of the new year. seems logical, no? (i get that from mom - she has obsessive compulsive tendencies and likes things neat, organized, and structured.) oh was i about to turn her world upsidedown! it is a good thing dad is chill (i get that from him) it keeps us living in perfect harmony.





i have been busy growing so let me bring you up to speed on my life. now i am 2 months old. time flies when you are having fun! this world isn't so bad. i still get to eat when i want, sleep when i want, and poop when i want (which is a lot because i eat a lot). but don't get me wrong - it's hard work being a baby. i had to grow a lot and there are so many things to look at. it is a bit overwhelming at times but so far all is well. mom and dad are pretty smart so they are good at figuring me out. i live with two cats, melly and luna. i can't pull their tails yet, but someday i think i will try it. mom stays home with me all day. she feeds me, changes my diaper, reads me stories, snuggles with me, and sings to me. i try to sing with her. she is especially funny when she sings AND dances. i like to sleep too so i take a lot of naps. dad has to get up early in the morning and he usually changes my diaper and adjusts my swaddle before he leaves. (you'd think mom was drunk when she swaddled me in the night but really she was just tired). he has to go work at a school. someday i am going to school too. i will probably take dad with me. anyway, dad comes home in the evening and we hang out and have some "man" time. we all have dinner and hang out. then i usually get a bath. i love the bath. i am so excited to go swimming this summer. so after the bath mom feeds me. she is just figuring this out but sometimes i like to eat twice if not more before bed. i want to make sure i am good and full for my sleeping time. the only time it backfires is if i get gas bubbles. then that keeps me up and i get mad! dad usually puts me to sleep. i fit great in his arms and i like to stare at dad before i go to sleep for the night. mom says pretty soon i am going to have to fall asleep on my own in my crib. i think i will have a talk with dad - he probably won't make me do that.

we'll keep you posted on our life. mom is making lunch and dad's at work. melly and luna are sleeping (they always sleep!). but sooner or later you'll hear from everyone. see ya later alligator! -jacob

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey jake! falling asleep in your crib won't be so bad - no worries. for all that sleeping time you get - i'm surprised your have time to blog. you're very smart! can't wait to see you next weekend. i'm sure you could use some aunt sarah b time. love you.

Blog Archive