Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Letter to Lydia




Dear Lydia Rose,

I had the honor of being with your mom and dad on your birthday.  What a fabulous day it was!  You and your mommy worked together so well...you two made childbirth look easy!  (You and I both know it is not easy...to give birth OR to be born.)  I hope you inherit your mom's pain tolerance and focus.  She was amazing.   Your dad was awesome, too.  He was calm, cool, and collected.  Remind him of this the first time you go out on a date.   He was so supportive and encouraging and didn't leave your mom's side for one minute.

I was so anxious to find out if you were a boy or a girl!   I have 2 boys (well, 3 if you count Scott) and they are very excited that you have arrived.  Even though you are a girl, Jacob and Nathan will more than more than likely want you to play catch and drive trucks...but early on I had a hunch that I would be leaving the boys at home to come shopping with you and your mom.

I was privileged to hold you while the doctor was getting your mom ready and your dad was working on sending out a birth announcement via text.  I'm sure by the time you read this texting will so outdated!  

You have the most beautiful brown eyes.  Just minutes old and I could tell you are graceful, sweet, and calm.  You are definitely going to know how to hold your own though.  May God bless you in this beautiful life ahead.  You have two wonderful parents perfect for you. Know that you are loved and prayed for in all your days.  I am honored and full of joy to be your aunt.

Love, 
Aunt Nikki

No comments:

Blog Archive