Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Thursday, March 11, 2010

We love you Grandma Rose




At the end of January we lost our dear Grandma Rose. Here are my favorite Grandma Rose memories: Home made (green) play-doh. Perfect tiny pancakes made with cornmeal. She cooked bacon that she managed to get crispy in the microwave. Her sewing machine, making pillows, and her giant walk-in closet full of dress up clothes. Her giant basement and lots of toys. Ivory soap. She always took us for the best frozen yogurt in the whole world at the mall in Albert Lea. I don't think there was a time when she came to stay with us or us at her place when she wasn't up before 5am baking. I seriously always thought she was up in the middle of the night. Her food. Everything she made was always so good. Her freezer stocked with Kringlas and cookies. Her brown bread. Her Bible...filled with notes and her Bible cover which had a pencil slot (cool!). I am happy to say that I have a Bible cover that she made as well.

Grandma Rose was a beautiful person inside and out. I was always inspired by her relationship with God. She was humble, thankful, and never judgemental. And seriously the cutest Grandma ever.

While driving home yesterday this Mercy Me song came on the radio. I haven't heard it in a long time but it brought tears to my eyes and immediately I thought of Grandma. We arrived to be with her just minutes after she had died, and although it was hard to say good-bye (for now) I was amazed at how truly peaceful she looked. My heart was so happy for her that she was in heaven...probably at that moment...standing before God. For right now I can only imagine...

2 comments:

stacey said...

I'm so sorry about your dear Grandma, Nikki! It sounds like you have some wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing that song. It is also one of my favorites and I always cry when I hear it.

Zarlings said...

SO sorry to hear about losing your beloved Grandma. But you have so many wonderful memories of her that will bring a smile to your face forever:)

Blog Archive