Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Brooke & Jake







1. Tormenting the cat. I think these two have potential to get into mischief together.

2. Drinking buddies.

3. Checking out the mouse.

4. Sharing some snacks.



If you haven't heard a good Facebook story lately here is one for you...

Back in 5th grade I had a good friend named Emily. She came to gymnastics in Fairmont a few times a week - all the way from Forest City, Iowa. We became good friends and on occasion she would stay at my house. She even remembers my crazy dog, Jiggs. (I am quite certain most of my friends remember Jiggs).


I had always wondered what ever became of Emily after our Middle School era and gymnastics days. Recently, I have reconnected with a lot of old friends on Facebook. I tried looking her up with her maiden name but couldn't find her. I knew she had gotten married but wasn't sure of her married name. Two days later (yes, two days), I received a request from an Emily with a last name I wasn't familiar with. I had a hunch it was her. Indeed it was and I told her the story of how I had just tried to contact her a couple days back and thought it uncanny that she had looked me up. I went to her profile to get caught up on her life and much to my amazement I find out she lives in Hastings. HASTINGS! Can you believe it?


She stays at home with her two kids, Brayden and Brooke. Brayden is 2 1/2 and Brooke is a little over a month older than Jacob. She is a member of the MOMS Club and the YMCA and lives within walking distance of my house. Needless to say, we have a lot in common and have had a great time reconnecting in person. We've truly picked up from where we left off (minus the aerials and back tucks...although...Emily is still capable of those tricks). We are completely ourselves around each other and don't even have to work at our friendship. It is awesome!


Jacob loves to play at their house. He is a big fan of Wilson, their dog, as well as Brayden's cool trucks. They have a great backyard with sandbox and all. Brayden and Brooke have been over to our house and they are very excited about our cats, but unfortunately, the cats don't really like them. Nothing personal.


I am sure we were bound to run into each other at some point living in the same town, but it was fun to speed up the meeting. Thanks, Facebook!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pics (and blog update. i've missed you update!)

possible future love connection? :)

stacey said...

Ah...facebook. I've connected with friends from elementary school, but I don't have any that live right down the road! Crazy!

Blog Archive