Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Friday, November 28, 2008

Gobble Gait 2008




In an effort to work off our turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie BEFORE we ate it, Mike and I decided at the last minute to run in the 11th annual Gobble Gait 8K in Hastings. It was a hasty last minute decision the night before the race, and one which we both expected the strongly regret, but it was for charity and Mike was a sponsor so we decided to give it a go. So at 8:30am on a beautiful Thanksgiving Day, and with little or no training, we joined about 3000 people for a 5 mile run.

It was a fun race and we were both pleasantly surprised to finish in less than an hour (quite honestly, I was surprised that I finished at all). Mike bested me by about 10 seconds (he's local so I didn't want to embarass him by flying past him at the end) and we finished in just over 46 minutes. The way I figure it, that's 46 minutes of work to justify an extra helping of stuffing and one more slice of pie, and in my book that's smart math. All in all, it was a great way to start a Thanksgiving Day and I hope to make this an annual tradition for many years to come.


No comments:

Blog Archive