Sinclair family

Sinclair family

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

so big!

Jacob has decided that just a regular sit-up isn't good enough - he wants to stand all the way up. Let's hope he crawls before he decides to walk. Athough he still fusses a bit on his tummy, his neck muscles are definitely getting stronger.

His newest trick is not sleeping well. Although he still sleeps, he doesn't settle quite as easily as before and doesn't sleep as long without getting restless. I am almost certain that his gums are bothering him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut a tooth in the next month.

I knew parents got excited when their kids would smile and laugh for the first time, hold their head up, roll over, cut a tooth, etc. but I never really understood how amazing and exciting it truly is until having my own child to develop before my eyes. And never in a million years did I think I would get excited about poop - but everytime I change a diaper and it is yellow and seedy (the way breastfed babies' poop is supposed to be) I think to myself "yay"!

I think about baby stuff 24-7. I can read Fly-Away Ladybug by memory and it won't be long before I can recite Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? as well. I am quite certain I need to join an adult book club.

Signing off for now - the little guy is awake. Again. 30 minutes is better than nothing. Back to baby world. -ns

No comments:

Blog Archive